If you want to achieve 6 pack abs, but you find the exercises too exhausting and boring, the proper work out equipment can help you get in shape faster and perform your exercises correctly and with a better flow. If there is not enough space in your home, you can go to the gym and try some of the training machines there. If you find that you have a preference for a particular piece of training equipment, you can buy it and handle it at home.
Mats can be used by all athletes to get some exercise in the comfort of their own homes, but sometimes these are not enough. If you are interested in a more complex work out, equipment that can help you can be found listed below. These are some of the most successful fitness machines that can get your abs in shape in no time.
1. Ab Benches
The ab bench will help you perform crunches or other similar exercises the right way. It will support your legs, keep your body in the right position and tighten your abs. This tool is highly appropriate for the people that find it hard to perform crunches because of the neck and back pain, or because of the fact they cannot keep their legs in a fixed position. Ab benches are remarkably easy to use at home, because they are not heavy and they can easily be stored, without occupying a lot of space.
2. Medicine Balls
You can use a medicine ball to diversify your training. It is excellent for those that cannot stand the daily exercising routine and need to alternate in order to avoid getting bored. A medicine ball can train your abs in a very pleasant way. Move it around for a challenging training program.
3. Exercise Balls
Exercise balls are a lot of fun, and they can be used in various ways. They can help you with your crunches, or your oblique movements, but they can also sculpt other parts of your body, such as your bottom and legs.
4. Ab Tighteners
Ab tighteners are very suitable for the people that choose to do get rid of the excess fat in the comfort home. There are remarkably easy to handle, and they can be used while watching TV or listening to music. This type of work out equipment is very useful to people that get exhausted easily.
5. Ab Wheels
Another great piece of work out equipment that can be used at home is the ab wheel. However, you must be very careful when performing your exercises on the ab wheel, because you can easily screw up your workout and fall flat on the ground. The wheel should stay in front of your feet while you perform the bending, and your arms and legs should remain straight. You must roll the wheel with caution as far as you can, by performing slow, gentle moves. You should not stand up when you move your body to its initial position. It is perhaps the most challenging tool to handle, but it can also prove highly effective.
The work out equipment described above is not expensive and you will very easily learn how to help yourself with it and build some awesome abs.
If your tummy area looks unaesthetic and you are having a hard time finding large clothes to cover it, you are surely wondering how to get flab abs turned into flat abs. The answer implies changing your bad habits, which have initially led to this unpleasant situation. Here are some of the hottest tips that will support you in improving the appearance of your tummy and get rid of the flabby aspect. Some of the tips are very easy to follow, while others will require greater effort, perseverance and a positive attitude.
How to Get Flab Abs Turned into Flat Abs – Tips to Follow
1. Change the way you eat! You should only eat foods that are nutritious and have a great value for your body, you should not skip breakfast, you should not have consistent dinners, and you should eat various categories of foods. The foods that may help you get rid of the nasty flabby aspect are oatmeal, nuts, almonds, olive oil, berries, eggs, beans and legumes, fish and lean meats. Some supplements may also help you trick your hunger and burn belly fat. You should eat 3 main meals and 2-3 frugal meals each day, and you should drink the right amount of water and green tea.
2. Start with some cardio workouts because they are the best for speeding up your metabolism. If you have troubles with other areas of your body, not just your tummy, cardio exercises will show you how to get flab abs and flab bottom turned into divine shapes. 5-10 minutes of training per day should be enough for the first weeks. In addition, you can perform long walks and get involved in other activities such as dancing, swimming, football or volleyball. After a while, you can start performing crunches and sit ups that directly focus on your abs area. Jogging can also be highly efficient for your whole body. Once you become more resistant and get the strength to perform difficult exercises, you can try using medicinal balls or kettlebells.
3. Have a good night’s sleep! Sleeping properly will help your body recover its strength and prepare for another day of intense training. Sleep also sustains your metabolism and encourages it to burn the excess fat. 8 hours of sleep can mean the difference between flab abs and flat abs. Furthermore, massages with specific creams can also be an answer to the question “how to get flab abs turned into flat abs?”. However, they will never work alone. Creams are good because they make your skin look firm and they hydrate it, but you should not only rely on them.
4. Keep a positive attitude! Stay determined no matter what. If you do what you have to do, the results will come sooner or later. Do not push yourself too hard, but follow your slimming program thoroughly.
I guess you have figured out how to get flab abs turned into flat abs; do not forget that the success of your program depends entirely on your power and will.
There are many kinds of exercises for flat stomach, but they will only pay off if you associate them with a healthy diet. If your stomach area makes you feel uncomfortable, the first step towards having a flat belly is to get rid of the extra fat accumulated around it.
You must first do this by balancing your diet. Eat less sugar; instead, choose natural sources of sugar, such as fruits. Replace red meat with white meat or lean red meat. Also, try including a lot of fibers in your diet. These small adjustments will help you get rid of some fat and be prepared for exercising.
Start your training by warming up. Perform some basic aerobic exercises combined with stretching sessions. Long walks around the neighborhood may also be an effective first step towards a good training program.
The most effective exercises for flat stomach are considered to be the cardio exercises, but they must be combined with weight training exercises. Cardio also helps the other parts of your body to stay in shape, and improves your metabolism, so that your diet will be more effective. Furthermore, cardio exercises can be quite pleasant. You are free to choose from: running, jogging, riding the bike, swimming, playing volleyball or football, dancing or any other sport that you enjoy. Complete your workout with some specific exercises for flat stomach.
1. Exercises for the Love Handles (the Internal and External Obliques)
Cross crunches are the most effective workouts for this area. You can easily perform them at home. Lie on your back and bend your knees. Start with your left foot on the floor and bend your right foot; your right foot should be put across your left knee. Place your left hand on the backside of your head, while your right arm stays comfortably along your body. Twist your torso and at the same time bring your left shoulder close to your right knee. Slowly return to the initial position and switch your legs – your left foot should be on your right knee now. Repeat the movement.
2. Exercises for the Upper Abdominal Muscles
The basic crunches that you already know will help your upper abdominal muscles develop nicely. Lie on your back and touch the sides of your head with your hands. Let your feet rest on the floor, but keep your knees bent at a straight angle. Now, try to touch your knees with your chest, but make sure you keep your legs still. Feel how your abdominal muscles work to pull up your chest. Slowly return to the initial position and repeat the process.
3. Exercises for the Lower Abs
These exercises for flat stomach can be a little difficult, because you will have to perform reverse crunches with your legs. Lie on the floor with your hands placed besides your hips. Again, bend your knees and hold your feet six inches above the floor. Bring your knees to your chest by lifting your bottom up; the movement will work your abdominal muscles. Return your legs to the initial position, six inches above the ground.
Keep in mind that the exercises for flat stomach above will only be truly effective if you perform them correctly and regularly and if you have a normal, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
If you want to make a real investment when choosing the proper fitness machine that will help you achieve an attractive tummy, you must actually know how to look for the best ab machine. Otherwise, you will end up throwing your machine away because of the high discomfort it causes you, or because of its inefficiency in offering you the six pack abs you have been dreaming of.
First of all, there are some important matters that you must take into consideration before choosing the abs machine that is right for you. Initially, you should consider the budget you want to allocate for your new fitness equipment. The offer on the market is extraordinarily rich, and prices for abs machines vary greatly.
While there is no need to pay a large amount of money on your training machine, often cheap items will wear out quickly. Also, they might not offer you a complete training program. If you search for cheap items, you should focus on balls and abs straps, but you must be extremely determined in doing your workouts.
Another issue will be the space available for your new fitness machine. Make sure the machine you purchase will fit into the room; otherwise, you will find yourself in the impossibility of using it. Take into consideration the abs machines that can be disassembled and easily stored.
Once you take care of these matters, there are some other really valuable characteristics you should look for in your abs machine; here is what you should find in the best ab machine:
1. The most fundamental characteristic of the best ab machine is its ability to work out all muscle groups from your stomach area. Most abs machines will only work out the straight muscle, named rectus abdominis. However, a training machine should also work your oblique muscles, which are found on the side of your ribs, by supporting you to perform twisted movements.
2. Abs machines have different resistance levels. If you are totally out of shape, you will not be able to work out on a machine that has a high resistance level. On the other hand, if your body is already trained and quite fit, a machine with low resistance level will bring no improvements to your muscles. Always take your training step by step and change your abs machine when you feel that you have reached another level and need a more challenging workout. The best ab machine is the one that is adequate for your current shape.
3. Even if workouts are designed to push your limits, your training machine should not make you feel extremely uncomfortable, because if it does, you will not be terribly eager to use it, and you will eventually abandon your training. Especially people suffering from neck or back problems should be particularly concerned with this aspect. Choose abs machines that support your neck or keep you sitting down while working out. If the type of exercises promoted by your training machine involves leg lifts, your back problems will be intensified.
If your height or weight is abnormal, do not forget to check out the limitations of your abs machine regarding these matters, before purchasing it.
Keep in mind all these tricks and you will certainly find the best ab machine.
If you are thinking about beginning a 6 pack abs workout, it means that you are already in shape, and you know the importance of high quality nutrition and an active and organized lifestyle. Otherwise, you must take it slowly, because 6 pack abs are hard to achieve; you must first eliminate the excess fat that covers your tummy and gain some strength that will allow you to perform high intensity exercises that will result in divine abs.
The abdominal area is hard to shape, even for those who are fit and have precise curves. Especially men tend to gain more fat in their stomach area, but this also happens to women, especially after they have reached their thirties. Still, anyone can achieve 6 pack abs with hard effort and discipline.
Your 6 pack abs workout must become a routine if you want to achieve the results you hope for. Here are some exercises that you can perform in your following months of training.
1. Sit Ups
Lie on the floor – on the carpet or on some sturdy mattress that will keep your back comfortable. Place your toes under whatever piece of furniture that allows you to do this – in order to make sure you keep the right position during the workout. Bend your knees and always keep them like this, in order to take the pressure off your back. You may keep your hands across your chest, or you may use them to support your head. Anyways, do not pull on your head because this will bring significant damage to your neck. Lift your torso until it becomes perpendicular to the floor. Maintain this position for a second, and then easily go back.
In order to transform this simple exercise into an efficient 6 pack abs workout, you can work with an ab bench, which will enable you to work with different inclines and perform difficult movements.
You can also perform twisted sit ups, by twisting your torso to the left, and then to the right, touching your knee with the opposite elbow.
Crunches can become an excellent 6 pack abs workout if you help yourself with a piece of furniture that will support your calves. The correct position is when your hamstrings are perpendicular to the ground. You should perform several movements at the same time: use your lower abdominal muscles to detach your hips from the floor; use your upper abdominal muscles to raise your shoulders and back; make an effort and move your shoulders towards your hips. Once there, exhale and maintain your position for one to three seconds.
3. Vertical Leg Raises
While laid on your back, put your hands under your bottom and raise your legs vertically, so that the toes are pointing to the sky. Stay like this with your legs together or even crossed. Try and lift your pelvis; if necessary, push down with your hands. Keep your legs vertical and push them along with your hips until you feel your middle and lower stomach are very tense.
Combine these exercises in one intense 6 pack abs workout, and, with patience, you will get the beautiful, fit stomach you have been dreaming of.
If you’re looking for rock-hard abdominals and a strong lower back, then you will achieve these with exercises on the Roman Chair. It’s built with 2 x 2 heavy duty steel which gives full, reliable support whilst you work out.
The Apex Roman/Hyper Extension Bench will allow you to get off the floor to both stretch and strengthen your core abdominal and back muscles for improved fitness. Your legs will be held securely in place by the supports and you’re able to hyperextend your abdominals, allowing access to more muscle groups.
“The Roman Chairs are available on Amazon at over 62% off retail price!” Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
Some of the great features of the Roman Chair include:
- Adjustable 2-foam leg holder
- High density deluxe boxed upholstery
- Heavy gauge steel tubing frame
- Padded handles
The unit is made by IMPEX, who manufacture Marcy, Iron Grip, Apex, plus other weight lifting equipment lines. The bench is solid for both back extensions and crunches, even with additional weights. Set-up instructions are easy to follow and assembly is also simple. The unit is sturdy and will last for years.
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the Roman Chairs:
“I’m a 37 year old and my husband is 45. We are very active and sporty, but not hard core body builders by any means. For our needs, this bench is perfect. Of course I wish I could make some minor tweaks here and there(like some extra padding on the riser so that my shinbones don’t hit the metal when doing side dips), but this thing works and the quality is totally fine for a home gym”
The Proform AB Glider combines two motions: the circular burn and the arc crunch, which will give you a fast, fun workout on both your abs and also your entire core. You’ll engage more muscle, get a better cardio workout and burn twice the calories than by using other AB machines.
The Proform AB Glider is available on Amazon at over 26% off retail price! Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
Some of the great features of the Proform AB Glider:
- It maximizes core training exercises by combining two motions – the circular burn and the arc crunch
- Off-the-floor ab workout ensures proper form, without injuring either your neck or back
- 180-degree rotation track provides smooth lateral motion and also locks in place for vertical motion
- A strong, sturdy steel frame and track
- Includes an eating guide and two training DVDs
- Dual Motion Training
Once you learn to use the Glider correctly, it will become easy and you’ll feel great. The videos give you plenty of information and you’ll be impressed with all the exercises.
It works great, and we are seeing the results and actually enjoying the workout. Worth every penny…
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the AB Glider
I found the Ab glider and I saw that this machine has two settings and therefore two different ab workout. You can do the same exercises as in the coaster PLUS lateral movements, also the machine was cheaper and was delivered to my door.
The Crazy Abs is a new fitness machine that ultimately works on your abs, shoulders, back, arms and more. This is similar to other models on the market; you simply get on the machine, place your knees on the knee pads and pull them towards your chest. It’s the most effective way to strengthen your abs and other models on the market don’t offer the same upper body workouts.
“The Crazy Abs are available on Amazon at over 15% off retail price!” Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
Here are some great features of the Crazy Abs:
- The ultimate exerciser that works on abs, shoulders, back, arms and more
- It’s well-built but less expensive than similar models you’ll find on the market
- 90 days warranty with easy installation.
The knee pads are made of a high grade foam and will be gentle on your knees during your workout. There are few moving parts and simple mechanics, so there is less to go wrong but this machine allows you to strengthen your lower back and stomach in an easier way. Doing a lot of abs definitely helps with fat burning. You’ll burn fat and also slowly build up your small ab muscles
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the Crazy ABS
This is an amazing little machine. It’s well built, balanced and easy to assemble. I am a 63 year old female in pretty good health but I’ve had back problems beginning in my 30s from injuries and then just getting older. This machine forces the body to stay in alignment without undue pressure on the back yet permitting adequate ab crunching. I am MOST pleased with this product!
Unlike traditional crunches, which work your abs from the “top down,” the Ab Coaster works your abs from the “bottom up,” while limiting stress not only to your neck, but also to your back and shoulders, an important factor.
This is a top of the line product in the Ab Coaster home series and is two steps above the home version, which can be bought on the TV. It includes upgraded rollers and moulded arm pads for extra comfort, a free motion seat and stainless steel rails.
“The AB Coaster is available on Amazon at over 13% off retail price!”
Some of the great features of the AB Coaster include:
- It allows you to work your abs from the bottom up, reducing stress on neck, back, and shoulders
- All-steel construction with nylon rollers
- Upgraded 1.5-inch stainless steel rails
- Upgraded vinyl-covered moulded foam pads
- Digital workout counter
With the Ab Coaster, you won’t damage your back as you might with sit-ups. The equipment is also easy to assemble. There are many highly priced AB machines out there that will only marginally out-perform or under-perform the AB coaster.
“Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the AB Coaster”
This is an exceptionally high quality machine. It is solid as a rock and operates as smooth as butter. It is also very easy to assemble. It is quiet and compact.
With this I can put on additional (olymmpic-hole) weights. You do not need to buy a separate floor mat as one is provided.
(Insighter, Costa Mesa CA.)
The Ab Doer Twist is made of gym-quality, heavy-gauge steel, together with multiple-resistance options. Ergonomically-designed contoured side arm bars are designed to help eliminate stress on your hands, wrists and elbows, together with your shoulders, neck, and upper back.
From a seated position, you’ll tone up your muscles and also enjoy an effective aerobic workout with the Ab Doer Twist. It’s easy to use – just sit on the device and your body will automatically be positioned in an anatomically-correct and stable position.
“The AB Doer Twist is available on Amazon at over 23% off retail price!” Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
Here are some of the great features of the AB Doer Twist :
* Targets and tones abs, obliques, thighs, hips, and buttocks. It rotates up and down to tone your upper body, too
* Torsion Flex technology activates a wide range of muscles whilst supporting your back and body
* It’s made from gym-quality, heavy-gauge steel
* Swivel-action seat with multiple resistance dial
* Front stabilizer
* Ergonomic design
* Contouring arm bars eliminate stress on your hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck and upper back
* A Massage roller offers a therapeutic massage while you work out
The Ab Doer Twist is so effective that it earned a Seal of Approval from the prestigious National Health & Wellness Organization
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the ab doer twist:
Reasonably priced, well made. Assembly is both fast and simple. Took me less than 12 minutes, watching the step by step that is included on the DVD that comes with the Ab Doer Twist.Let me preface my review by first saying I already have a large room full of GYM QUALITY exercise equipment from both Powertec and BodySolid I use religiously almost every day. So, after spending thousands on that, why would not anyone want this?